Importance of Zoning Analysis when Zoning Laws are Constantly Changing
Zoning laws dictate how a commercial site or property can be used or constructed. However, zoning laws and zoning ordinances are constantly changing. Local, municipal and county departments change or amend their particular municipalities zoning ordinances in response to citizen, business or community needs and in response to particular events. A change in land use and zoning ordinances may trigger a zoning compliant property to become non-compliant.
A quick Google news search on keyword "Zoning Ordinance" displaced the following results.
- Council Moves Forward with Zoning Amendments to West Berkeley Plan
- Meade County passes special zoning ordinance
- Meade County passes zoning ordinance after year of debate
- Arundel council to hear views on new zoning map
- Will pharmacy war lead to new restrictions in Berkeley?
- Paw Council reviews zoning amendment to make way for women's transitional home
- Borough Council shelves West End rezoning; takes over noise ordinance enforcement
- Board of Supervisors: Hearing on zoning ordinance amendments
Here is one example where a business situation is triggering a zoning change "As the retail war between CVS and Walgreens heats up in Berkeley, Mayor Tom Bates is calling for a new law that prohibits any new pharmacy from locating within 1,000 feet of another pharmacy."
Read more at http://www.berkeleyside.com/2011/04/18/will-pharmacy-war-lead-to-new-restrictions-in-berkeley/
Changes to zoning ordinances may also result in the reduction of permitted density, height or required setbacks, parking, property use, land use and more for particular commercial properties. Individuals and companies in the process of buying high worth commercial properties are advised to conduct a thorough and complete zoning research or analysis prior to commitment and remodeling.
The Planning and Zoning Resource Corporation provides zoning analysis and due diligence services. PZR®
will make sure the property is compliant from a zoning and land use perspective. Zoning analysis becomes even more arduous for multi-site and multi-location real estate transactions. A complete and expert zoning analysis and zoning due diligence is required to be supported by municipal documentation.
The sole focus and priority of this oldest and largest zoning company and advisory firm, PZR®
, is to provide reliable site zoning analysis and compliance review in a timely manner.